02 April 2006

Dallas

Almost home.
I spent 16 hours on planes yesterday. Guys in the Cairo airport were hitting me up for money until the last minute of my flight.
I have to say in all honesty, unless you are tremendously motivate to see Egypt or are familiar with the culture, go somewhere else. I was really fatigued by the whole experience to the point it affected my personality and most of the foreigners I met said the same thing.
Hopefully things will change in the future but now...try Mexico. Support my people.
My flight was delay 30 minutes going into Frankfurt. Running through the terminal I heard a sound out of a 70's science fiction movie. It was this old style message board. It thought it was pretty cool.
Ten hours to get to Dallas. I sat in front of two guys from Texas that would not keep quiet. Sleeping was at a minimum. Two bad movies and boom, I'm in Dallas.
It's great to be back in the states.
Billboards for strip clubs, McDonalds every where. Only bums ask you for money. Ah, home.
I've made a lot of good decisions on this trip and Dallas was a good one too. The airport is nice and the city has a lot of stuff going on. Even the Hard Rock Cafe is interesting! Usually the Hard Rocks are basically expensive TGI Fridays, with guitars but the one in Dallas has a room sent over by Pete Townshend from his castle in England. The whole damn room! And they have a bar shaped like Eddie Van Halen's guitar. Nice.
Slept pretty much all of yesterday.
Hit the Dallas Art Museum, Sculpture garden....they have a Whatchamacallitburger I've never seen before so I will partake.
Tomorrow....done!

No comments: