21 November 2006

sleepy


I'm in Seattle this week. I was out and about and it being Seattle it started raining. Then rained some more. I got soaked so I went into a Starbucks. I sat down on a cushioned bench and started looking at a map trying to find a museum I wanted to see. When out of the corner of my eye I saw a cookie headed toward my knee. I looked next to me and a man was holding a cookie in his right and and a small coffee in this left hand. Now this guy was not homeless. He smelled a little, it may have been me but I'm pretty sure it was him but he was wearing North Face Shoes and Jacket and he had a climing pack and other stuff that must have cost some cash. This guy was exhausted. He looked the way I did in college when I had 7am classes on a monday. He would tilt, then catch himself. Take a swig of coffee then fade again. I watched him for about 15 minutes while I checked my route to the museum. Poor guy dropped his cookie before I left, and here he sat and I walked down the street.

No comments: