04 January 2009

4 to 2


A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine surprised me...HEY! We're going to get our motorcycle licenses! (We she meant a co-worker I'm good friends with as well) LET"S DO IT!.
Getting a motorcycle is on my list of things to do before I die, and I hadn't thought about it much so...WHAT THE HELL! With a little coaxing I signed up.
I failed the DMV test right off. Took it again. Failure. I was a bit peeved.
Yesterday and today I was at the riding class. Yesterday was the first day I've ever driven a motorcycle. I was very tentative. The exercises were basic and my comfort increased and today...I passed the certification! I'll get my certificate in a few day and I'm headed back to the DMV with a little more swagger than before.
I probably won't buy a bike unless a great deal comes my way. I'm not planning on riding a lot but I like to know that I have the ability.
However, I may just rent a bike on my birthday trip.

No comments: