03 July 2009

the wrong way to get directions

I'm in New York. I finished way too much pastrami so I wanted to walk back to my hotel. I walked a bit. Picked up some fruit at a small shop and asked the guy behind the counter which direction central park was. He didn't know but a couple with austrailian accents chimed in to help me find the way. Now mind you I just wanted a vague hand gesture to confirm I was headed in the right direction (turns out i wasn't) but the guy started with a four street turned list of how to get to central park. But the woman decided to tell me how to get there faster with a six turn route. Swear to god, they were there about 2 minutes deciding which way to send me.
I was polite and stayed for the whole discussion but come on. Really, how hard was it.
Just go up 5th that way. That's all it really required.
Their heart was in the right place which is why I stayed for the whole process but... let's go people.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

MEN just don't get it! And never will! Women give and get directions completly different...NO NORTH SOUTH EAST or WEST...We do it, next to the drive thru, or across from the day care or do you remember where the show use to be??? DA