11 April 2011

Facebook

So I'm on facebook. I'm conflicted about it. It seems so self important, it brings out the narcissism in a lot of us, and there is alot of that going around in society.
So I thought I would at least put a spin on it.
I searched for Paul caballero's. Turns out there are a lot of them. I'm curios so I friend one in Columbia. He speaks only Spanish. I. Get updates from him I can't understand. I should but I don't. Funny.
I friend another one in new York. He's ok but a little quiet. I pick up one on no cal and another one I texas. 
Interesting to think my other selves living my other lives.
So I check facebook occasionally and one night the Texas me posts three messages in about ten minutes... Crazy shit. Oh fuck! Texas me is a born again Christian! He's posting bible quotes and Sunday school stuff. 
He freaks me out but I decide not to dump him. He is afterall my sort of brother and I have sides of me I don't like but I still keep on going.
Wacky Christian me is quiet a lot but every week or so blasts facebook with manic posts about god and the plan and bible quotes.
Weird.
I don't know where it comes from but I feel connected to all of it.
I'm not changing my course but it's funny when Christian me goes off and I think... What the hell am I talking about?
Colombian me speaks only Spanish and I can't understand and Christian me speaks English and I can't understand. Nice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've just described mans search for integration. I think. Interesting. I am already more than one person, I don't friend very easily.