12 December 2010

red red red


I've been drawing for a few years and in the last couple of years I've been experimenting with colors. First pencils, then pastels and during one of my trips I bought some watercolors and have been using them when the mood strikes me.
I've been using green, yellow, black, brown and blue. They've worked but not for everything.
I missed the red. No problem right. Pick up a red when I can but...everyone here sells the watercolor sets not individual pans.
It got to the point where I contemplated going back to Italy to get a red pan of watercolor.
BUT! yesterday on the way to LACMA I stopped at an art store and I had to ask and they had rundown display of individual water color pans! 90% were gone and the pieces that were left were dusty but they had red. A dingy red but red.
I just did a test and it's great!
That is what I wanted for christmas and I got it.
My needs are simple.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Can you use the kids water colors...you can find them at any store...and they have red :)

PCAB said...

Part of the fun of these things is the struggle and happening to find exactly what i'm looking for in the last place you expect.