14 March 2011

Days with many parts

Yesterday I was in Oklahoma city. Saw the art museum which was nice. On the way out of town I went to the murrah bombing memorial site. It is very well done. Simple. Elegant. Horribly sad. The car ride softened the feel. Terrible there are two ground zeros in the US.

Drive drive drive. The plan was to get to Memphis but fatigue changed my plans.

I stopped in little rock.stayed at the Capitol hotel. An amazing building and a terrific hotel. I never would have thought I would want to return to Arkansas but I do.

The morning came and I went to the Clinton library. Remembering the 90s before Bush seemed so long ago.

Driving again. Memphis. Beale and sun studios. Great stuff! My group sang parts of great balls of fire and I walk the line in the same studio they were recorded in.

A good day.

I'll be out of touch tomorrow.
It's after midnight.
I'm 46.
I've come a long way...

No comments: