22 March 2011

fumes

Got up late. Checked the market. I'm down today.
Coffee and cake for breakfast. Out to see the seagram building. Have to see some landmarks and check them off the list.
This city is loud. There is always a conversation within earshot that I can't tune out. The street is ok but on the subway i'm trapped and the average conversation...

Saw the Seagram but did not go in to see the four seasons where the rothkos would have gone.

Down the street was MOMA. Went over to draw. Bad results.

Hungry.

I made a note from a travel channel show to get the beef sandwich at Brennan and Carr's in Brooklyn. It was a long way from where I was but I've been eating like a pig and a ride and walk would do me good.

A long ride and a medium walk and I was there.

Beef, Double Dipped. Beef dipped in au jus. Bun Dipped in au jus. great. gone in less than two minutes. I did not time it but it was pretty quick.

Worth the trip once.

Back at the hotel. The lobby is crowded. Most of the time. This morning I got a seat but that was the only time I've seen it.

I was just down there and it's packed. I found a seat only to be told it was reserved. Finished my pretzel and I"m going to lay down.

Plane tomorrow. Out tonight for something and plan the morning.

No comments: