12 March 2011

santa fe


I don't know.
I planned on getting here in about 10 hours. No traffic and following the plan it took 17. Brutal. I stopped a couple of times to stretch, eat and gamble (I won $30 at a slot machine but lost $60 at the craps table).
Santa Fe just kept getting further and further away.
I left at 3am, about 5 the sun rose directly above the road ahead of me. I had to drive looking away from the road. NICE!
The redstone and desert were great to look at. The day turned the colors so there was always something to watch.
Coming in to New Mexico it was much of the same but the pueblo architecture was all around. There is a good art vibe here.
The hotel is great. Small. Intimate and full of character.
I slept like a log in a deep soft bed.
Now I'm up. 7. I'm never up at 7 but it's vacation and I get full of piss to see everything and keep moving.
I just walked around the St Francis area and it's great. I want to see the city but I have to be in NYC and get the car back.
I have slack in my schedule but I get the itch to move.
Should be in OKC tonight.
later.

No comments: