21 March 2011

done

about 1230 yesterday, driving up the new jersey turnpike. I see it. The empire state builiding. I had an idea, a concept of being in this moment when I started this trip 10 days ago but that first glimpse was a little surreal.
Toll after toll then, the lincoln tunnel. $5 toll. White tiles underground then sunlight and I was here. The sound, the grime, the lumpy streets. You know you are in New York. Where else could you be?
I flashed back to leaving at 3am in Long Beach. On the road and the road I usually take to Vegas I turned right and now i'm here.
It was more exhausting than I thought it would be. I wanted to be home days ago but pressed. I"m glad I did.
I have nothing to do. No plan and today it snowed for a bit.
I went to a play last night. "Freud's Last Session" that was very well done and a lot of fun. My second play ever in New York.
It's cold and wet now, but from the news it's cold and wet in LA so, fuck, why not be in NY.
Changed hotels. The new one is very cool. LIke an upscale Chelsea Hotel, without the history.
Two more days then home.
Planning for next year.
I have an idea but ...it will take some work.

No comments: