18 March 2007

brisbane

I got into town yesterday. It was a little surreal. In the morning I was deep into the red red desert and by the evening I was riding a ferry on the river through Brisbane.
The city is nice. All of Austrailia is clean and the natives are friendly.
This morning I jumped on the greyhound to surfer's paradise. Walked on the beach a little. I went to the Conrad Jupiter in Surfer's because the Conrad Treasury in Brisbane didn't have a crap table. The blackjack dealer told me they pulled it out a year and a half ago because it was unpopular. WTF!

Anyway, I get the the Conrad Jupiter and there's the crap table. It's a big wooden thing made like piano. The chips are locked and there's no crew there. I talked to the pit boss and he tells me the table is only open after 8PM! F! I'm only in town for a couple of hours so I can roll the dice and get to the Hard Rock, I'm not waiting for 8PM. I played some blackjack, went to Hard Rock then greyhound back to the hotel.
I found a cheap internet across from the hotel. It's been really busy. Today the 30 minutes I've been waiting and the time I've been on there's been an old Ukrainian guy with a crew cut and cut off jeans dictating some sort of fairy tale to the shop owner.
I thought the guy was homeless and just rambling on and on about his imaginary friends. The story just keeps going and going.
For dinner I had Kangaroo filet with mushrooms and spinach. Kangaroo is damn good when it's cooked well....MMMMMM MMMMM MMMM kangaroo.
Airport tomorrow. Then back to the refineries.

No comments: