02 March 2007

long long ride

I had to wait 3+ hours in LA to get on the plane. When I got to the terminal it turns out my flight was not direct, we stopped in Auckland for 2 hours. There was an 11:00 PM flight that was direct, which turns out landed at the same time as my plane.

Anyway, Qantas did a pretty good job. The plane was nice and the entertainment system had individual movie choices, with ff and rew and music. Pretty damn good.

I ended up in the air between LA and Melbourne 16 hours. 3 Hours for customs and immigration and boom I'm on the street.

Melbourne is pretty much like any other big city. It feels alot like LA to me.

The people here say "no worries" instead of thank you, which I think is cool.

I got on the tram to my hotel and there was a drunk guy sleeping in the first seat. A girl sat across from him and he snarled. She was horrified and got up.
I'm from LA. Unless he's projectile vomiting, I've seen it before.

I got to my hotel and napped.

Now I'm out to see what's around.

more later-

No comments: