07 March 2007

The twelve apostles


I drove all day yesterday on the great ocean road. I got up in the morning to see the twelve apostles. They are limestone towers worn away by the surf. Pretty impressive. Even better because at 7am there were just a handful of people there.

The picture doesn't do it justice.

Down the road you can get down on the beach and see them from the ground which is really strange.

I got down on the beach and no one was there. It's hard to find a beach anywere where now one is but again at 7 in the morning it was just me the surf and the big rocks. It was very very nice.

I walked around for awhile and headed back. Halfway up the stepped, here they come...about 20 tourists on buses coming down the steps.

The last guy in the line, he was German I think. As he moved past me he told me, "It's a nice day, yes?".

I told him, "You picked the perfect time."

No comments: