11 March 2007

walking and talking


I've pretty much seen everything here I wanted to see.
Tomorrow I'm climbing the bridge and the next day I'm off to Uluhru.
I walked up the harbor bridge pylon today. I met two guys from Chile. They are going to Melbourne then Canberra and on the Ocean Road. I told them what I thought and we talked for a while about traveling.
I thought I was bold just using my book to get around. These guys don't even use a book. They just wander and see what they see and stay where they stay. Pretty cool.

I walked through Circular Quay today on my way to the internet shop. In Quay there is an Ibis, the one I took a picture of. He's the only one there? He walks around, tourists flock to him, take pictures and feed him. I can't think why more ibis' are getting wise to this deal.

I was thinking he might be just another civil servant who does the 12-4, M-W and every other sunday.
Could be.
Did I mention the sun is very strong here.

No comments: