13 March 2007

rain and shine

After days and days of watching the harbor bridge and seeing the little ants crawl up around then down it was my turn.
I went to the opera house first. Hung out for a while then headed over to Bridgeclimb. This company runs tours seven days a week from 3am to midnight. That's alot of cash!
On the way over it started to rain..then in really started to rain! F, I might climb this bridge wet and sweaty.
We got all suited up and met the guide. He was pretty cool and my group, eh they were alright. One girl said she didn't know why she was doing the climb, she was afraid of heights.
We put on special suits teathered in and we were off. It was pretty cool being in the workings of the bridge and seeing the girders and what not but after a while it was kind of like being at work. I climb towers and tanks and what not from time to time and that's cool but after a while it get's old.
We moved around the lower part of the bridge, then apprehensive girl decided she didn't have it, so the guide sent for someone to take her back to the meet up spot.
Too bad, the weather turned out to be pretty good and I had a good time.

On the way down one of the guides asked me what I was doing after the climb. I said I was starved and asked where I could get some Kangaroo. Well just down the street from Bridgeclimb there is the Australian Hotel that serves Kangaroo, emu among other stuff.

I had a Kangaroo pie. Not too bad. Kangaroo is a lot like beef with a slightly different flavor to it. If you weren't aware of it you would think it's just spiced up beef. I recommend it. It's supposed to be healthy.

Anyway, I'm outta here.

I catch my plane in a few hours .
later

No comments: