16 March 2008

iguazu


I wasn~t too sure about this spot for my birthday as the day approached but Ive had good instincts about these things in the past so I went with it.
Flying in getting a hotel, then booking everything was a hassle but only moderately so.
The day started with a bus ride which almost took me to argentina but turned around and got to the brazilian side of iguazu. I got in the park and the first stop was a boat ride into the falls. IT WAS AMAZING! We were in the falls! Unbelievable! the boat ride was fun too....
After the boat I went repelling and walked the trail to the observation point at the devil's throat.
The trip was totally worth it!
I flew in to sao paolo last night and will be here for a couple of days before I go home.
Í'm wiped out and I have no clean clothes left.
Brazil has been nice, but hot!
The brazilains I've met have been pretty friendly and the food is pretty good. I've been sticking to simple stuff and walking alot. I^m trying to keep my weight in check so I have to be mindful of what I'm eating. This portuguese keyboard takes some getting used to. My powers of punctuation have not failed me, things are different here.
One thing I have learned about brazil. They use very little material in making their toilet seats. Everwhere I~ve gone, top to bottom the toilet seats have been the absolute structual minimum in material. They must replace these things with regularity or our building standards in north america are radically overcompensating for something.
Anyway, I walked about sao paolo today. Saw the musueum of modern art and wasn~t really impressed. Ate some good feojada and walked all day.
My hotel has a good view of the city but only gets bbc in english. I killed two mosquitos watching tv this afternoon. I hope I got them all.
I~ll write more tomorrow.
later....

No comments: