12 March 2008

sao jiao

I got up early to tour a pewter shop in town. I wandered in yesterday after tiradentes and talked to the guy. He invited me to see the factory and see some of the new pieces they were making. It was pretty interesting.

I went into the main part of sao jiao del rey. The churches here was spectacular. This has been the best part of my trip so far. These little towns are much more relaxing and theraputic than the grafitti riddled bigger cities.

I got back to the bus station and tried to get an early bus to ouro preto but the only bus I could get was at 530. The puts me in ouro preto at about 9pm. Too late for pretty much anything but sleeping.

Hopefully tomorrow I~ll tour the city and off to rio.

I had a great cup of coffee and a small chocolate cake/tart thing. It~s the first really good coffee I~ve had here. I had a terrible cup of coffee after the pewter shop tour and I didn~t want that to be my lingering impression of Brazilian coffee.

No usb port here at the bus station so more pics and video have to wait.

later

No comments: