07 March 2008

Rio

16 hours on the plane. I went LA to DC, then DC to Rio. I've had long plane rides before but that one seemed longer than it was. When I came back from China the last time I was wedged against the window by two three hundred pound women. THAT!, was a long trip.
Anyway, we landed and everything went as I planned. I found the bus in to town fine. Got on the subway and found my hotel.
My room has a great view of the bay and the air conditioning works, THANK GOD! Yesterday had to be 90F and humid. I was soaked and smelling by the time I got to the hotel. They moved up my check in time because....I was ripe!
I went out last night when I got up and had a acai drink. It's a local thing. Made from an amazon fruit. It wasn't bad. I'd have it again.
Got up this morning for the sunrise and the comp breakfast from the hotel.
I'm going to the park then up corcovado to see jesus.
later

No comments: