17 March 2008

sao paulo rain

So the first half of this trip was HOT! Hot, muggy and sticky. Last few days it's been raining.
I wanted to go out today. Tomorrow I catch my plane in the evening so I wanted to wander a bit more an see more of the public art. There are sculptures in the parks and the subway stations have local art.
I bought a $4 umbrella and walked around. This city has some great looking buildings and in the 30's it must have been amazing. Alot like Egypt. Now the buildings are dark, dirty and patched up to function. A little sad but what can you do. it~s expensive to maintain infrastructure.
I stopped off at mcdonalds so see if the coffee tastes the same here as in the states. They have apple AND bananna pies here. Fried, but no coffee at this mcdonalds. NO COFFEE! WTF!
OK, not a big deal. I stopped by bakery around corner from my hotel and got a coffee to go and watched BCC and ate my pies. Very nice.
The bananna was basically a bananna and cinnamon filling in a crust. My first hotel in rio had sliced bananas with cinnamon served as part of breakfast. It~s simple and tastes great! How did I never think of that at home?
I~m still out wandering. The pies will not last in my system long and I'll need to find real food sooner or later. I'll check my book and see what they recommend.
I'll see what's around tonight. I'll see if there are any music clubs open during the week
later

No comments: