09 March 2008

maracana



Flamengo beat Americana 3-1 and I was there. I~ve heard about atmosphere at a soccer game in brazil. this was apparently tame. Only about 10,000 people were there because americana is a second tier team and they really didnt put up much of a struggle in the game.
Big flags waved and there was non stop drumming and singing all over the stadium. It was really pretty cool.
I went with a group from my hostel. The guide kept us in a safe area but it was all pretty much safe since americana didn~t have one fan in attendance as it seemed.
I had a hot dog and coke, as is my habit at a game. Venders were all over us since we were clearly foreigners and loose with our money.
There wasnt a fight and the game was ok.
I~m staying in rio a little longer than I planned so I can arrange my trip to iguazu.
Next stop belo horizante.
later

No comments: