07 March 2009

layover


This thing was going pretty well, only an hour layover in New York, but, I didn't look to close at the reservation at this point. I'll be in Brussels for 4 hours. It's a nice airport. High ceilings. Clean. And people speak mainly french here which for some reason makes me stand up a little straighter. Why? Who knows.
I've been on a plane for the last 14 hours and I'll be glad to get into a hotel, which is again half a day away at this point.
Take a look at the coke machine graphic here. Local airport culture. I don't even know what the coke machines in LAX look like.
I had a coffee and a biscuit. Which killed about 40 minutes. The day is plodding along. I'm beat. I'm going to be out in Rome this evening but I won't really appreciate it until I can recharge.
I'm running on caffiene and sugar right now. and I smell like ...well like you smell when you've been on an airplane all day in the same clothes.
I'll give my fellow travelers a break and brush my teeth.
What a saint I am.
Rome is next.
later.

No comments: