16 March 2009

yesterday...


I arrived on the noon train from Bologna. I walked out of the train station and there it was. Venice. It was like a movie. Water, boats, people standing around smoking. I stopped and made sure I had caught up with the moment. My travel karma is still untarnished. I constantly checked the weather before I came and was worried about forecasts of rain, but yesterday, a few clouds and sun. SUN! I caught the number 2 tragetto down the canal for 6.5 euro.
Im telling you this is the best ride in the world for 6.50...I could have ridden all day. The water is a deep jade green pushing the boat from side to side. I lucked out and caught a seat in front under the sun.
Unfortunately video is slow from the spot near my hotel, but I will put up what I have when I get it.
I splashed out on my room. Its bigger than Ive had on this trip but not huge but I do have a balcony over looking the canal and sipped coffee with some pastries this morning while the sun was coming up.
Im off to a Vivaldi concert tonight after a day of hopping to Burano island.
HA! the internet shop here has an english jazz station on! NICE!
Anyway. more when I get a chance. Two more days in venice...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very very cool!