10 March 2009

off the train


done with rome, I jumped the train to florence.
I wasnt sure how much time to put into seeing florence but I can tell it wont be enough. This is really the italian experience I was looking for.
I got a great room with 10 foot ceilings in a building on a long narrow street that looks like it was built in the 1200s and maybe it was!
I figured I would relax and hit the Uffuzi or the Pitti Palace but both have lines down the street. Im going to have to get up early and see what I can see but really Im sure the galleries, museums and palaces are spectacular but just walking down the streets would be enough for me. The colors, architecture and the sounds wash over you.
I had my first, second actually, italian pizza. It was good. Not amazing but good and I was starving it hit the spot.
For dinner, Im looking for bisteca florencia. Its a beef specific to florence. NICE!

No comments: