15 March 2015

50

I woke up in a plastic hole. Sweaty, coughing and achy. Fifty is no walk in the park but...
I got my shit together, went the the basement, brushed my teeth and sauna. 

I remember the sauna from Korea but it wasn't as welcome as it was today. 

I shared a big stone pool of hot water with a old dude and from the look on his face we both needed it. 

A loooonnngggg soak and I was in the sauna. The heat cleared up my cough and in keeping with tradition I exited the sauna and took the cold dip. 

Fuck

I only dipped for about nine seconds but that is a long fucking seconds. It does bring you back clear and alert but it's a bitch.

Off to Ueno. I remembered Ueno as a tiny town with nothing there. Now it has as large park, museums and a temple I found. 

I like Buddhist temples . The colors, architectrure and even the smells are pleasing.

I got my fortune told by a robot dragon.
I watched the shinjuku high school baseball team face the Chou high baseball team. 

Then the Tokyo national museu of Art. 
Things definitely have turned my way. 

Hungry but pacing myself for dinner I found a sushi go round and I'm picking up plates and killing it.

Art, baseball, sushi. If you don't look forward to your birthday you're doing it wrong. 

I'm holding until dinner in shinjuku. You may know where I'm going. I hope it lives up to the hype

No comments: