28 March 2015

The game

I've been going to dodger games for more than thirty years. Love it. A passion and everyone needs passions.

I saw a baseball game in Korea but it was more like a high school setup. 

My curiousty about the Japanese league had been there but now having the means I wanted to knock it off the list. 

I picked up a general admission, top deck ticket when I got to osaka. I got yo the stadium two hours before game time to see the season opener. 

Doors opened at 4pm and boom, we were in. Crazy. I don't recall so many people going though security and promo handouts with such efficiency. 

Found a good seat on the third base side. Got a chili dog and coke and waited. 

The oregano was a lit different than the LA season opener. In a dome, no fly over obviously. The announcers came on and instructed the ground on how to follow the cheers.

Game started and the music started. A band played in a single section of the outfield for the drsgons. Everyone singing Za song for each player. 

Three outs and the home team Tigers were up and four sections of the outfittild sang waved banners and I shut you not a brass band. Every player, every out. 

I'm not a big fan of all the extraneous shot at dodgrr stadium right now but here I have to admit I starred to get into it. I didn't wave my flsg but I did cheer for a couple of base hits and when the riggers tied the game in the eighth and won it in the tenth on a walk off base hit.
The game was good but the vibe was a little prefab but electric. People were nice and no one left until the end of the post game, it was a show snd so gladI did it. 

During the seventh inning stretch balloons appeared and after the hanshin Tigers home team song they all flew into the air.

I did catch a cold and I feel like shit now but fuck it, live till you die ...

No comments: