23 March 2015

Walk

Nothing to do. No plans so I walk .
The symbol of the city is the castle so I put that in the agenda. A mile and a half and I'm there. 
The castles I've seen on this trip have been different than I expected. The main tower in osaka, while not being really a castle was very impressive and beautiful.

Walking to the top was a killer but worth it. Fantastic view and artful metalwork and architecture.
Very crowded and loaded with kids I bail.

The strap on my backpack has been broken for months so walking around I've been swinging it around to keep it steady. Last time I fixed it was in Copenhagen. The lady was nice but here I am again

Walking back to the hotel I found a shoe repair shop that I knew could do the job but after about five minutes the kid behind the counter pointed me to a bag repair shop. 
Done the street at the bag repair shop the lady tells me it will take a week and cost $20. I tell her I can't wait that long so she gets flustered and we get to a simple repair in 40 minutes for about $9. 

It's probably going to bust in another year but for the next few days I'll be good. 

So for fourty minutes I'm waiting. There is a food stall with a line of people. I don't know what it is but I'm getting in line.

Ended up being fried tempura mashed potatoe. Not bad.

Bag is fixed. Back at the hotel but I'm beat. Waiting for s bit before going back for ramen.

No comments: