12 March 2015

Breakfast

It's cold. Not bad cold. Good cold. Get your attention cold. 
The line up outside the hotel breakfast was ten deep with business types and women in full makeup. I checked, breakfast is not included in my room charge so out the door I go.


Streets are clean and sparsely populated. Looking for a soup joint I find a little place with students and a few ... I want to say old timers but these fuckers were about my age so that's all I have to say...
I grab a stool and wait a minute to order and I remembered you buy a ticket then they take the ticket with your order.
I'm feeling pretty pleased that I remembered this so I ticket and open my journal to start writing.
About five fucking minutes later miso, bowl of salty bacon with rice and tea. 
I'm not a morning person but this puts me in a good mood.
I though I ordered beef but the bacon is good. I'm tearing through it and the salt is getting to me. To my right is a bowl with ginger pickled to a neon pink . The sharp taste of the ginger and the salt is turning out to be an unexpected pleasure.
Done. 
I want coffee but what I really want is to take a shit. I'm off my game because I'm a little backed up with the flight and being just a little sick. The morning movement gets me on schedule and let's me go on with my day. 
But I also want coffee. There is a seven eleven next to the hotel. 
I pop in and they have hot coffee but I see the boss coffee can. How can I pass up " boss is the boss of them all"
I have to move.
I get the room and my hands are a little chilly from the wind and I sit down on a invitingly warm toilet seat.
Holy fuck
I don't think I could justify the expense but on a cold day and unexpectedly warm toilet seat can feel like finding a  twenty in an old pair of jeans.
Done. Phone charged and you are updated. 
More later fuckers

1 comment:

Neil said...

It is interesting that a significant portion is dedicated to bming status.