17 March 2015

Coffee

The other day when I was wandering I came across a McDonald's . 
McDonald's has the best and used to be cheapest coffee and has been a safe bet when I travel to stop and recalibrate .

The window is on the street and I get coffee, small and apple pie.

The coffee is the size of my fist. The large is the size of a small back home. Hmmm.

Anyway there is no park. There are no benches. Nothing. So being resourceful I pulled out a plastic beer crate from between two buildings and set it next to a power box on the sidewalk so I wasn't in anyone's way. 

I settled down. Are my snack and was on my way. I replaced the crate from whence it came and continued on.

I was reading some tourist brochure later on that said Tokyo has wonderful restaurants because it is impolite to eat on the street or in public. 

Meanwhile, I stop in Yokohama for the day and people are lounging in the sun. Siting and picnicking. 

I felt like a badass for about 29 hours. 


No comments: