19 March 2015

Kyoto

It rained all night. My hotel has one English Channel, cnn. Horrible 

With the rain coming down I took the time to rest. Repack, read a little and get after it the next day .

Today, it's still raining. Not hard but after a fifteen minute walk I was wet halfway deep. 

This side of Kyoto, near the train station is fairly quiet. I hit two big temples today. I'm not religious but a Buddhist temple is a thing of beauty. I was there for a prayer by the monks. The chant filled the room with sound. Dark up to the rafters and four monks singing near an alter. 
Amazing

A tour came in so I bailed.
Hungry I found a little hole in the wall where two grandmothers made me a bowl of udon with a citrus flavor. I haven't gotten sick so I'm assuming it was intentional. It was decent and the ladies were very sweet so I called it a win.

On the way to third temple I went to the shoren en garden. In the rain, in those surroundings an unbeatable experience.

Dinner is a touristy "Kyoto" style restaurant. I'm getting a lot of little dishes with some really intersting flavors and presentation. I think I would be missing something if I didn't go this way at least once.


No comments: