14 March 2015

Tokyo


It turned into a day of nostalgia. I hit three of the sites I saw in Tokyo when I was here in 1997.
Hard Rock Cafe, Tokyo tower and the temple at asakusa.


The nostalgia was a little light because the sites barely flashed any memories. I was a little disappointed but I remembered a lot of shit can and should change in eighteen years. 
Having removed my head from my rectum I enjoyed the city a little more.
Another thing that killed the nostalgia was the fact that in 1997 I was not bloated old fart. I had run a half marathon that year and was three years out of a full one. The walking I did yesterday still has my feet throbbing like they were drums. 
I'm back at the hotel and it's coming up on 7pm. Pitiful 
Coffee and a chocolate could help me rally but the outcome is in doubt. 
Tomorrow I'm fifty. Today I feel it. 

Nah 

I feel forty but fucking fifty is something.

I'm seeing a lot of the city. It's nice. Clean. 

Holy fuck. I had curry for dinner after the temple. I picked one of the small cafes. A horseshoe bar with the server in the middle. Food came quickly and I was about half way through when I realized of the eight or so of us in there no one was talking. No one was pissed off or anything but no one had anything to say do we were all just enjoying the food in our own space. It's weird. It doesn't happen in America. If there is a silence people feel like it has to be filled, 
Wow. I enjoyed the shit out of my coffee. I'm headed to my cubicle and relax. 
More later

No comments: