24 March 2010

back to the beginning


it seems like a lifetime ago i was in buenos. it´s like a whole new vacation.

my hotel is in a different area and the vibe in completely different.

today is a national holiday. honoring the dead from the military coup twenty ...thirty years ago...i´m not to sure.

my puncutation is spotty because the keyboards here have a different set up. I hate reading text that has bad punctuation and formatting but under these circumstances everyone will have to bear with me.

I may forgo Montevideo. So much of this city I have yet to see and rather than spend more time in transit I may just settle and wait go a little deeper here.

Sun was out today. Very very nice.

Before I caught the plane in Ushuaia, on the way to the airport the sky was so clear you could see for miles and miles. During one of the zodiac cruises one of the guides told us to look down range at the continent and told us at the tip where we could see was about 100 miles...!!!! Imagine! Living in LA and seeing that far in the bluest sky you could imagine.

Landing here in the afternoon. Smog, heat but city. People. Traffic and motion. This is what I know. I¨m happy. A little dinner. Open the book . Talk to the concierge and see what they recommend tomorrow. Today is shot. Holiday.

But not totally. I was in a coffee house just now. Seemed from the 40´s. Antique wood cabinets. Tile worn at the edges. Every tile worn in deep blacks and burnt yellows you couldn´t find in a home depot if you had all the time in the world.

Anyway. I¨m going for a walk .

more later.

hope everyone is well.

I am.

Very.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I only see 5 pictures? R U going to post anymore? :-(