05 March 2010

lima

midnight. I got here. There was a plane to buenos at 125AM But there was an earthquake last week in Chile, 8.8, that jacked up all the schedules so I´m here until 730am. Five hours from now.
I´ve been through the duty frees. Snacked on free chocolate covered fruits. Sipped short cups of complementary coffee in the shops. I sacked out on the floor and listed to some locals in front of a shop in the airport, and I just had a 20 minute massage for ten USD. NICE! but I still have five hours to kill before i´m moving on.

I could go to the vip lounge. They have a few. One is 50 USD and seems nice but somehow to me, it´s cheating. Part of the fun of these trips are the inconviences, annoyances and bullshit I have to go through to get from a to b.

The last few years I´ve been getting soft. Fewer hostels, less street food. Last year I had a suite on my birthday. C´mon! So I´m drawing the line at the aiport lounge, at least at this point. I swiped the plane pillow and blanket and í´ll camp in behind a kiosk and wait it out.

It´s a little sick but it´s fun. The airport is still kind of happening even at 2am here. Music. People. Shit I´m blogging and there are still plenty of people up here.

I´m beat.

a small bottle of diet coke and free chocolate is not a great way to fuel up.

Great. 4.5 hours left.

Next stop . buenos.
later...

No comments: