25 March 2010

sour


I got up pissed off. I didn't sleep very well and just have too much energy. Every year, I say I won't be gone for more than three weeks and week three comes and I'm pissed off. What a shock.
Walking in city I reminded myself, in less than a week I'll be shackled in a cubicle, ass deep in paperwork and emails so drink in any atmosphere I can because a lot of people aren't getting what I'm getting.
Walking I found another cafe. Old. You know I really like a restaurant with old chairs. Finish worn, chipped. Tables rubbed smooth by elbows from the hundreds of people, many now gone, sitting where I was. I sat by the window. The soccer game was on so about a dozen guys were sitting... watching...then GOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!
Everyone stood and pumped fist and puffed their chests. It was great. I was outside the thing but an interesting thing to experience none the less.
I had some odd coffee and a small cookie. They serve coffee with a shot of water to chase it, I think its a great idea and we should do it at home.
Before I got to the cafe, I bought a peach and pear from a man in a nearly empty shop. He seemed happy I was buying fruit that needed to be consumed probably by midnight. I've been eating fruit everyday.
The last night on the ship we had a huge steak and I've been trying to get the parade started ever since.
I got to the hotel about an hour ago. Ate the fruit. Nothing.
Jazz club tonight. Just down the street from the hotel.
Sleep.
New hotel tomorrow.
I hear that plane a' comin' coming round the bend...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, curious...is the coffee stronger there? I never liked coffee much till I got hooked on Strabucks!! LOL But I love a good cup of joe. I think your pictures are cool. I am living vicariously through you and hope someday, I too will be able to have an adventure. Maybe the pyrimids.

Love you!!
Jenn

PCAB said...

coffee is about the same. I get regular coffee not any weird ...achino...or iatto...whatever.
You'll do it. Adventure is all in the planning. Make time for it!