08 March 2010

ugggggghhhhh....


I¨m sick. I´ve been fighting it but this morning. Headache, fever, runny nose, dense green flem, and my eyes hurt.
If i were at home I would lay in bed or on the couch making low gutteral noises and wait for the cat to try and bury me, but on vacation....fuck that!

I put on a thick cotton shirt and walked. Trying to get my temperature up to kill this thing. Maybe myself too but it´s worked in the past.

Regardless, I got some coffee at mc donalds, drew, caught the subway to try and get to the art museum and got lost.

I was on a subway line for 5 stops. The masses surrounded me. Now normally I hate people but when i travel this is one of the things i love. Strangers from another country just getting from a to b. Businesssmen, housewives, students, workers. Everyone, just riding together. We all know the rules and we are all getting along. Pretty nice.

So I¨m getting off the train. My head full of flem when i hear...¨dum dah dum dum dum DUM....dum dah dum dum dum DUM...´´ from a tinny guitar. Single strings, elementary but there...Happy birthday. Now i understand if you are busking and get a crowd of more than 30 people Happy Birthday is a statistical lock to make some money. I took it as a small bit of karma routed my way.

Anyway, on my way to the museum i saw this sign. My spanish is bad so I didnt even ask...WTF?

Went to the post office and picked up stamps. Post guy told me the post office down the block had nicer ones if i wanted something for my book. Now he told me it would be easier to take the subway, but I heard its too far to walk. If you really know me you know what coming...

So it took me about 20 minutes to walk to the next post office and the chairs were full. I pulled number 95 and they were on....I shit you not....22....it was like being at In and Out.

My feet were killing me and i needed to relax so I waited. I slept some and about an hour later I got another stamp for myself.

I got back to the hotel late and showered...then thought fuck...I need more than this...so I ran the tub and layed out. Before slipping into a coma I thought I would update the blog.

Tired now...

Museum tomorrow.
later

No comments: