19 March 2014

Holi pt 2

Went back to the pink city. 
The Main Street, full of people, some animals, noise. I could have stayed straight but i turned right, down some stairs into a back street. 

A lot of people would never come here. Narrow, dirty, broken but I like to go where no one wants to go. And it made me trip.

The lane got tighter . Groups of men covered on colored dust yelled at me..,
Happy holi!
Came up to me wiped color on my face and embraced me with genuine affection. 
This happend a couple of times until I came to an intersection and I saw men dancing and clouds of colored dust. I went over and every one hugged me wiped color on my face. 
Some guys came down the road one with a drum and everyone sat down and it was a party


I danced and sat in the street and clapped my hands to the drum. 

It was one of the best moments I could have imagined 

This is what I came for...

1 comment:

Neil said...

Awesome! It is really amazing how you change your view on human interaction when you travel. Enjoy every minute!