14 March 2014

The chickpea is your friend

I'm still beat but I had more of an India day than I've had than any other day that I had more. Three meals of Indian food.  My head started to hurt. I don't know if there's something in it or whatever but I decided rather than layoff the local food I'd go deeper in the pool. 

I went to recommended restaurant from lonely planet and it was fantastic. Chann masala a spicy chickpea stew. Fucking great. Sat next to a couple planning on going from here to soviet Georgia. Pretty awesome. I listened while I stuffed my face. 

I was feeling better today. I went to the train station by my train ticket for tomorrow. The morning train was booked so I will end up and Jaipur in at 10:00 PM. Finding a hotel that late will be a little it work it'll get done. It always does. 
Buying that the train ticket I had to wait for about 45 minutes just to get seen by an agent, I made my way to an older Indian man to help me out. He made the arrangements, printed the ticket. The train ticket was 430 so I handed him a 500 rupee bill.
He paused said something in Indian and just kind of looked at me. I looked back at him and I wasn't moving so he went to return to his friend and asked for change the friend handed him 70 rupees. He handed me me a 50 with the 20 laying in front of him. 

And we look at each other.

I know that look man but I was going to see that 20. So I left. 20rp is about $.30 not a big loss but the tone that it was done. 

very unusual was that.

Then came back to the hotel laid down for little bit and went to dinner. 

I didn't do much today other than buy my ticket and walk around and come and get a better idea about this place. it's crazy there's a lot of stuff to to buy but it's all crap and I've got enough.

so I think I'm in for the night and more later. 


No comments: