13 March 2014

Paharganj

So change hotels yesterday. I get on the subway and one subway stop away it's a completely different world.  Hundreds  of people in the street. Cars, buses, bicycles, rickshaws... everything in the street but no one touching. No one bumping. No one even yelling. Everyone knows what to do and they just keep doing it, 

I go down the street and I take the right turn onto the the main bazaar road and it's just like I thought it would be. The road, or what used to be a road now is broken down asphalt and the noises get louder.  The path gets tighter and we are packed in but no one still no one touches anyone. 

I did get the student where a younger person will come up to you,  tries to be helpful. Saying he is trying to help you get to where you want to go you to go and you get funneled into a travel agency. This douche wants to sell you a trip for a bus ride or whatever. 

This hasn't happened for a while but I got out of there unscathed and got on the subway. 

I never get that still there people lying in the street there are dogs everywhere every few feet him but it works everyone is there and everyone is just doing it just getting by finally get to my hotel.

I never get that still there people lying in the street there are dogs everywhere every few feet him but it works everyone is there and everyone is just doing it just getting by finally get to my hotel. 

The room is okay.  Ive stayed in a lot worse but it is definitely much different than the last place is loud I am locked in at night and locked up during the day their constant warnings about pickpockets. Even outside the door of the hotel a man insists we are friends is trying to help me find a restaurant or go for a drink. 
My guard is up for every jackass trying to put me in a popcorn machine but I'm also hypersensitive to what is going on. The children going to school, every beggar and every dog laying in the street. The smell of cooked rice, or piss, or flowers and always over it the noise. 
I slept last night, twenty feet from car horns and people buzzing underneath my window. 

It was great. 

No comments: