29 March 2014

Time

I have an hour and a half before I leave for the airport. 
Leaving India. 
Made two good drawings. Took some pictures and had a nice snack. 

I'm far away from when I landed in Delhi just twenty days ago. 

Every year it happens. 

I'm changed. 

Folding in all the things I've seen, the people I've met and the person I am and hope to be. 

Every year, somewhere inside I ask the question, "Do you still have it?

Am I slow? Tired? Old?

Usually it's easily answered. 

Last year this trip was soft. Paris, Monte Carlo, Arles. No struggle, just travel.
Was it going to be turn down service and comp breakfasts? Do I still have it?

Fuck yea. Stupid for me to even ask this year. Overnight trains, mile walks in the heat with bags stuffed. 

I could have been harder.

Harder ...
Better.

I still have it.

No comments: