22 March 2014

Leaving town

I'm pretty tense on travel days. 
Lots of shit can go wrong and since I was little it's been a phobia. 
I check my tickets , passport, money, clothes, toothbrush , everything. 
I have a routine and if I follow it I'm usually good even if something does go wrong.

So I packed last night. Booked hotel. Checked the train ticket, passport..,, etc.  So I slept okay.

This morning, breakfast. Coffee. Two hours later, dump. I'm on schedule. 

I wanted to take the bus to the train station. But I was getting nervous for some reason. So I hired an autorickshaw.  It's a 50rp ride. First guy wants 200. 

I know it's a negligible difference in dollars but by this time my reserves are low and I don't like to get pegged as a dumb ass with an open wallet. I'll tip that big no problem but if you want to  put your hand in my pocket like that, I won't do it.

Next guy goes for 150. Bad. But better. Could still do the bus but I want a bigger margin at the station. We go. 150.

I'm used to the noise, the constant cutting and dodging of every fighter on and in the street.

We are at the station and I wait. The train is there and I'm on. 

Twelve hours to Hyderabad. 
One guy is singing and two guys are taking the way old women talk at the landromat .

It will be a long ride.

No comments: