05 March 2012

Feet

Slept the night away yesterday. The election going on and protests, counter protests I stayed in.
Today walked on random directions. Through red square, past St basils, changed money off the main street in a little window.
Cold. Twenties, teens. Not bad, just keep moving.
I got short glances as people would pass me. Suspicious, odd looks, just for a second as they went by. I'm not a local and I figured the stink on me was easy to spot when I realized I was the only person in the city wearing sunglasses.
In my defense it's snowing and the wind is blowing. To me it made sense. Most people had red tense faces from walking in the cold wind but when the cops eyeballed me I adopted the squinty tense face as well.
St basils ... Closed for the election. Kermlin... Same. Pushkin museum ... Closed on Mondays.
So I walked. Not bad. I still cannot read a fucking thing and the 7-11 type store does not exist here or I have not found it. The 7-11 is great Shen I'm on the road and a bitch when it's not around.
Out and about. Thermal. Insulated jacket. I was ok until the dusting of snow got heavier. Wind started to bite and my windproof jacket was at the hotel. Fuck.
Turned back and I'm getting a coat of snow on me so I ducked in for some coffee. Read my book for a bit. Waited it out.
My feet start to hurt.
Got back to the hotel and I'm getting blisters on both feet.
Change shoes tomorrow. Not as warm but I sure I can walk in them.
Four days to the train.

1 comment:

MS GOP said...

Russian snow!! Stop whining... There's a jealous girl in Texas who wishes she was there! :)