12 March 2012

The train...baltezino

The train stops for twenty minutes to change locomotives. My cabin mate Rick and I get out to see what the locals have to eat.
I just paid $11 usd for a cup of coffee on the train so I'm going to try and support the local economy.
There are carts selling noodles and beer. Then the grandmas show up with baskets of food.
Along with the grandmas five or so dogs come by the train. Sweet looking dogs, unsure of us. One brown dog with lab features is standing next to the train. I bend down and call him over. He moves close, slowly. Stops.
I rub the scruff of his neck and his body leans, then collapses against me, caresses my leg, desperate and appreciating affection.
I took a picture of the dogs and bought some chicken and potatoes from a grandma and got back to the train .
As the train pulled away Rick pointed to a brown dog and noticed.... "that dog has three legs..."
Ugh ....
I looked at my picture and that was my dog. My new friend in Siberia, lucky.
Chicken was good
Three days to Irkutsk ....

No comments: