19 March 2012

People...so many people

Up late last night. From Mongolia to china the wheels on our carriages had to be changed. It was wild to watch. I was in the car while it was hoisted, wheels changed then back on the track.

Then off into the night.

Up at nine this morning. My neighbors told me the wall would be coming up and sure enough winding up the mountain were pieces of the great wall. We all tried to snap pictures but most of us got only shots of power lines and trees.
We all counted down to getting to Beijing station. We saw the roads filling with traffic and we were there. So much different than when I was at the same station in 2006.
Off the train, into the station and I'm drowning,....drowning in people.
Wifi...to get to the hotel.
Mcdonalds! Free wifi if you have a Chinese phone number. Coffee and pineapple pie was a comfort but I needed a shower.
Over to the Marriott. Wifi! Checked my reservation and headed to the subway.

The street, the stairs, the subway. People....with the increase in cellphones since I was here last the people standing in the way or texting while the crowd spools around are a new source of impatience for me .
Looking looking looking....
The subway map is four times the size since I was here. Got it!
Ticket office...,
Liang ga...,,
It just came out!
Liang ga...,and the lady handed me two tickets! Son of a bitch! Some of my Chinese is still there!
Four stations later I'm at the hotel. Splashed out a bit. The train was a spectacular experience but the hard bed brutalized my knees elbows and hips.
Dropped my bags and instead of a shower...
Bath....
Fuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkk.......
My feet swelled with joy.
Had some noodles.
Ready to hit the street.
Tried to post to facebook but no go.
Sometimes the Internet is spotty here.
More when I can fuckers...

No comments: