26 March 2012

home

I've been in my house for about 25 hours but I'm still coming home.

Slept for about 12 hours today. Got up at 11 pm now I"m still up. My schedule is fucked. I thought the extra couple of days ahead and after my trip might be a waste but my instincts were right all the way. I needed the time before the plane to ramp up and now after the whole thing these couple of days are like letting the clutch out slowly.

On the plane back, i was looking at the map on the screen at my seat and i realized in three weeks I did a lap around the globe.

Going to moscow we went over greenland and the train across europe and asia, then the plane from shanghai over the pacific.

Not a bad way to go.

I have journal writing to do and I have a bunch of emails to send the the dozen people i met on the trip.

the people, the sights, the time. It was all amazing.

I wrote, and its true, I had about seven once in a lifetime experiences on this trip.

I'm glad it's over.

I'm still absorbing it. Some of the people i met are still traveling and will be traveling for months. One guy on the train from mongolia is traveling and will end up at the shoalin temple studying kung fu.

Thats the kind of people i met.

thats why i travel.

No comments: