17 March 2006

ah the next day

ah the next day
ah the next day,
originally uploaded by utt944.
This is the view from my hotel. Yes, it is run down, but then again so am I.

I admit I was a bit iffy about the hotel yesterday but later in the day I met
two of my roommates. One was from Austrialia. He's been travelling for a year
and eventually ended up in Egypt. The other guy is from Montreal. He's been
here for 4 months and is headed to Istanbul for, well, something cool.
We ended up chatting about travel, visas, exchange rates, food, places to go
and things to see.
Later in the evening there was a protest in the square outside the hotel. The
hotel is near Midah Tahrir. A couple of people on this list know where that is.
Anyway, the canadian guy and I ended up out on the ledge (you can see it in the
pic) to take a closer look at what was going on. Leave it to a Canadian to get
me in to trouble. I haven't been afraid of heights or at least not aware of it
but damn it freaked me out. I was perfectly safe but my sense were overwhelmed.

More later

2 comments:

PCAB said...

all comments about canadians are made with all due respect and affection towards your people

Anonymous said...

Hey Jack ass ,

First Happy birthday , nice to be 41 in
Egypt. So on the blog photo what are you a Troubled Youth now . What no picture of your cool skateboard. Hey dont forget my little something from Egypt. Have fun and travel safe later anthony