25 March 2006

Falucca on the nile

Falucca on the nile
Falucca on the nile,
originally uploaded by utt944.
I took a falucca ride on the nile the other day. I was interested in the ride but did not want the hassle. I was hounded by one guy and eventually I got on the boat.
Now the ride itself was cool. The water was a deep dark blue, green stringy vegitation passing under the boat. Groups of birds, I've never seen before flying in groups just above the water and overhead. It was nice.
Expect the captain and his buddy kept on with, "oh there is a nice island we can stop and see the camels, or there is a shop here they sell alabaster ...."
Then the money we agreed on was not enough...you get the picture...

I'm stuck in Luxor until tonight. I have four days to make it to Saloom then Everything here is done.

I'm looking forward to the ride home.
P

No comments: