16 March 2006

fatigue

I'm changed hotels. This one is about 4 dollars a day and comes with an elevator with no closing door. You can touch to floors as they pass by. It's a dump but I'll only be here two more days.
I went to the Egyptian Museum today. Although it is filled with amazing antiquities you might not know it. Some areas are little more than open store rooms and some window have never been cleaned. Captions for the most part were typed on a manual typewriter in the 30's and left. I couldn't figure out a chornology and well I could go on....
It's big and you have to see it but I expected a bit more.
I'm headed to the hotel for a bit then off for coffee. Coffee and teahouses are big here. I want to see how the locals do it. No starbucks sightings in Cairo as yet.
More later.

No comments: