13 March 2006

Frankfurt

I have several thoughts I wanted to put down. None particularly spectacular.

The word for exit is ausfarht, the word for entrance is einfarht. Both words have farht in them and I still laugh evertime I see them.

Last post I mentioned that the Big Macs (thus far in my travels) taste the same everywhere. Well this morning, in Koln, I started out with breakfast of a bag of little corn funyuns covered with paprika and a coke. By the way, last night I had Pringles with Paprika, which I thought was odd until this morning when I put it together. What we in the US think of as BBQ chips are actually Paprika chips, or close to it.
Ok, back to my story. I opened the rings popped in a couple and washed it down with a swig of Coke, and I noticed immediately this tasted different. Good, damn good. Much better that the stuff at home, well every where Ive had a coke. It was lighter with a menthol type flavor that gets to your nose, especially with the carbonation.
Well I thought maybe it was a fluke. Bad batch. So later on I got hungry and had a bratwurst and a coke, in Koblenz. Same new taste. This was strange. Until just now when I had a schnitzel with a coke and it was normal. Whatever they did in Koln and Koblenz, they should expand the market.

I had a great ride back to Frankfurt. I spent some time and worked out some german and got the nav system for the car working. Kept it under 200 kph. Still.

If anyone is coming to Frankfurt I recommend my hotel. The Hotel Excelsior. Its old. My room in small but comfortable. And the hotel offers free internet, free calls anywhere inside germany, free ironing (not an iron) and free breakfast and snacks in the bar all day. And the mini bar is free (its small and just has a few things but its a nice touch)

The wind in gusting and the temperature is down in the 20s. The gloves my sister got me a while back are saving my ass once again. Thanks sis.

The german keyboard switchs the y and the z. I dont know why, and I cant find the apostrophe so all my contractions are a bit light.

Ive taken a bunch of pictures but these places are stingyier than I though with there USB ports.

I try and post when I can.

Later....

No comments: