17 March 2006

luck

I've had another amazing day. I saw so many things I find it hard to tell everything thing here. I've almost maxed out my camera memory and I haven't left the city yet!
Anyway , had tea at Khan al Kalili market, the oldest trading spot in the world and walked around trying to find the subway station. I walked and walked and walked. After a while, about an hour and a half I started to get light headed and really exhausted. I rested and started again a couple of times but I needed food. Trouble is in this country restaurants and the like are rare. I DON'T KNOW WHY!
So I'm dragging along looking for either food or subway. Food...subway...food....subway...
I tried to flag down a taxi but they were full or couldn't get my arabic.
Lost....
Until this big guy dressed in red and white comes up to me and says in English..."food" What the hell....
Yes he says "food" He shows me a stall with rice, pasta and meat...they call it Ko Shaw Ree. I don't know how they really spell it but I got it, I ate it and it was great! Chili sauce was excellent and washed it down with a coke (In Egpyt Coke is the same as in the states, however, my roommate says in serbia it tastes like beer)
My belly was happy now to the subway. Red and white guy spoke english so I asked him how to get on the subway, He puts his arm in mine and walks me into the street...he flags down this mini bus and tell the guy where I want to go...and boom I'm gone...I hear in the distance his voice say..."have a good time in Egypt"

The mini bus turned through traffic and it would have taken me hours to get to where I eventually ended up.

As I left the bus, same thing...."have a good time in Egypt....."

And here I am....I'm having a pretty good time too...

No comments: