27 March 2006

Nite time

Ah the internet. After a run to the tea house after a bowl of Koshawri, I hit an internet bar open late down the street from my hotel. The dodgers are kicking the shit out of the mets, my stocks are down and Anna sent me a quick note. Pretty good day.

I took the tram to Quiabey Citadel. It was the site of the Pharos, on of the seven wonders of the world. It feel and they built a fort. What are you going to do...

I say I took the tram but really I walked because the drivers here follow a loose collection of rules and it ended up there was a traffic jam, cars were on the tracks and the tram was stopped so I jumped out.
The trolley guy doesn't ask for the fare, he taps on the rail with a ring. It's evident what he is doing, so it's an effective system.

The taxi system is different here than in Cairo or Luxor. In Alexandria the preferred car is the Lada 128, alternate panels are painted black and yellow. Cairo and Luxor they mainly use the Peogeot 504, sedans in Cairo and mostly wagons in Luxor. They are painted blue and white.

FYI

Moving on tomorrow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, I am sure that you will be back in the States when you read this, but if not, can you do the following:

I understand that near the Pyramids, perhaps in some gift shop, you may find a CD from the British Artist Nik Turner.

If so, can you purchase Nik Turner's Shynx - Xitintoday

It was released in the 1970's, but it is cool Music with an Egyptian Theam.

Thanks

Francisco Escobar

PCAB said...

dude, I'm near the libyan border. And I have a policy, no gifts when i travel...it simplifies things.
see you later
P