21 March 2006

morning in Cairo


Yesterday was not my best day.
During the bus ride a lady asked for my seat, twice. Once with an interpreter. I like the window seat, I was assigned a window seat so I kept it.
The seat was later filled by a very nice Egyptian guy. About half hour into the trip he offers me a package of cookies. He was very polite, he had a package for himself so I accepted. The cookies were very sweet strawberry cookies so I only had a few.

About twenty minutes later he offers me some of his water. I politely declined. He the offered me a small bottle of juice. He insisted so I took it. It was mango juice. Thick an very sweet. I took a couple of swigs and thought. Damn. This is not a good combo. I should have had the water.

Now I know myself and what happens when certain things are mixed. Some have questioned this ability as superstition but it is valuable knowledge I have picked up over the years.

Anyway, I rolled into town last night broke through the cab drivers, caught the subway, checked into the hotel, made my post last night and headed off for falafel. I felt fine.....uh oh.....I didn't feel fine....

Liquid shifted in my gut and I was code 9 for the toilet. FUCK! I turned around and headed for the hotel. It was a block away. I went though traffic crossing the street like I had broken my leg trying to keep from shitting myself. DAMN I SHOULD HAVE HAD THE WATER!

I shuffle up the stair to the elevator,....FUCK! NO ELEVATOR! This elevator is a work of art. Three people at a time max and the door doesn't close. I hit the button and squeeze for dear life.

But.

I was very close to squirting in ash can but it would not have represented my country well, so I dribbled. Slightly in my shorts.

I have not done this in I can't remember how long but the feeling of horror is pretty much the same.

I got to the hotel and squatted on the shitter. Took care of business. My shorts weren't bad per se but any amount is bad.
I changed, washed my shorts and now I'm off to Luxor.

I much better now.

I'm posting one of my sunrise pics to well leave you with a much nicer picture from my trip.
Just clear the last story from you mind. It's just better that way.

No comments: